Enugu Govt To Rebuild Collapsed Bridge
The collapsed bridge
The Enugu State Government has said that it was taking urgent steps to ensure a speedy completion of a new bridge across the Ebonyi River, following the collapse of the one in Isi-Uzo Local Government Area.
The Commissioner for Works, Engr. Patrick Ikpenwa, who inspected the site of the collapse, on Tuesday, explained that it was in view of the weak state of the bridge that the state government had commenced the construction of a new one to replace it.
He said work on the new one had gone quite far, and that at the moment the bridge’s abutment was already in place. According to him, pillars had been constructed and this meant that piling had been done, adding that what was left were the beam and bridge desks which were the last stages.
You may recall that earlier this week, a Dangote Ltd
truck fully loaded with cement caused the weak bridge to collapse (see picture)
while trying to cross it.......

No comments:
Post a Comment