IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu
Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu has
said he will rather die in jail than for Ohaneze Ndigbo to claim the
glory for his release. He warned any other group claiming to be
representing the group, including the members of Ohanaeze Ndigbo and its
youth wing to stop such move.
”I will rather die in jail than for Ohanaeze Ndigbo to claim the glory of my release,“ Kanu reportedly said.
Speaking in a statement sgned by its United Kingdom spokesmen, Dr Clifford Iroanya and Emma Mmezu, a lawyer said: “We
are in court and our wish is to expose the fraudulent charge of
treasonable felony before the whole world. At the end of this case, the
corrupt and compromised segment of the Nigerian judiciary will be
publicly disgraced.
“Our march to freedom is unstoppable; this is something Buhari
ought to know. We have come to die for Biafra if that is what it will
take to be free. Our resolve should not be underestimated. As our leader
will always say, “Nigeria will kill us, we will kill them but in the
end, we will win.”
The latest outburst by Kanu was as a result of claims being made by
suspected Ohaneze Ndigbo members impersonating to be IPOB leaders and
claiming to be representing IPOB in meeting with some American officials
who were in Nigeria to have a meeting with the group on the release of
their leader. IPOB officials said such a negotiation would need the
designated presence and contribution of IPOB members, but they were not
informed.
“The people went ahead to speak for IPOB when they do not have the power and authorization of the group to speak for them.
“People alleged to be members of Ohanaeze Ndigbo and Ohanaeze
Youth wing were said to have met with some Americans at Nike Lake Resort
Hotel between 6pm and 7pm Saturday evening.”
Iroanya felt embarrassed that some people would stoop so low trying
to impersonate IPOB leaders for their selfish aims he said: “If any
country or group is coming to Nigeria to discuss anything concerning
IPOB and the release or freedom of our incarcerated leader and Director
of Radio Biafra, Mr. Nnandi Kanu, it is not Ohanaeze Ndigbo or their
youth wing that will speak for us because they are not our members and
so, cannot represent or speak for us. We urged the Americans who came
for the meeting that the alleged representatives of IPOB did not
represent or have our support. Nobody speaks or represents IPOB except
its principal and designated officers.
“We learnt that they cornered some Americans who came to Enugu
to have audience with the IPOB over the way forward on the issue of
Biafra agitation and the continued incarceration of our leader Mr.
Nnamdi Kanu. We want to let the world know that they do not have
authority to speak or represent us. They are on their own and should be
ignored.
“We want to use this opportunity to tell the Americans that
came and the world that the people who claimed to have represented IPOB
in the meeting were impostors, they are not members of IPOB, they are
the usual Ohanaeze contractors who will always condemn IPOB, but will be
fast to hijack anything good that is coming to the South East states
through IPOB. They do not have our support and will never represent us
in anything".
Reacting to the allegation that it held discussion with certain USA
Embassy Group on the Biafran agitation where it allegedly traded off
both MASSOB and IPOB, the group denied the allegation in a statement
which read: “The attention of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council is drawn
to a rumour peddled by some enemies of Ndigbo and busy body alarmists
to the effect that a USA-based delegation that came to Nigeria held
discussions with the National leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth
Council and at the purported meeting, the Biafran cause was betrayed by
the Ohanaeze Youth Council.
“This story and rumour is a blatant lie. Nothing like that happened. It’s the figment of imagination of the rumour peddlers.”
“The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council had been at the forefront of
the release of the Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu. They have
always stood and called on the Federal Government to be fair, just and
equitable to Ndigbo. They have interacted and continued to interact with
MASSOB/IPOB leaders with a view to finding an amicable solution to the
issue on ground.
“We call on all Igbos, MASSOB/IPOB members and Nigerians to
disregard the rumour which is completely false. We must continue to seek
for ways to address the issues and challenges confronting the Igbo
nation within the contest of a United Nigeria that is just equitable and
fair to all.
“We will not be deterred by the blackmail from enemies of
Ndigbo in other to distract us. Radio Biafra should cross check their
facts before broadcasting. Our advice to Biafra agitators in diaspora
is to confirm any Information before disseminating it as we believe that
self determination is a just cause but should be through referendum.
“Finally, dialogue is the best way of resolving conflicts, as
we are the major stakeholder in Igbo land, we are at the final stage to
see Nnamdi Kanu regain his freedom and no threatening calls and messages
from enemies of Ndigbo will ever distract Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth council
worldwide from playing the same historic role the late Senator Uche
Chukwumerije played to release then Ralph Uwazurike and Uche Madu from
detention, as only political solution remains the way to free Freedom
Fighters worldwide.
“The National President of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council
worldwide, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro will continue to work assiduously
with other stakeholders to see that Nnamdi Kanu regains his freedom
soonest”, the statement signed by the OYC Secretary, Mazi Okwu Nnabuike said.
No comments:
Post a Comment