7 Feb 2016

THE Rivers State Police Commissioner, Mr. Musa Kimo, said on Saturday that the Command had beefed up security around medical doctors to check their abduction by kidnappers.

Rivers State Police Commissioner, Mr. Musa Kimo
THE Rivers State Police Commissioner, Mr. Musa Kimo, said on Saturday that the Command had beefed up security around medical doctors to check their abduction by kidnappers.
Kimo also denied the claim that medical doctors in the state abandoned their duty post due the prevalence of kidnapping in Rivers.
He said the report in one of the national dailies (not PUNCH) was aimed at disparaging the efforts of the command in fighting crime in the state.
Kimo, in a statement signed by the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ahmad Muhammad, on Saturday, described the publication as a campaign of calumny targeted at demoralising the officers and men of the command in their fight against violent crimes.

He said, “The attention of Rivers State Police Command has been drawn to a story in a national daily. The command views such story as calumny campaign aimed at demoralising its officers and men in the fight against violent crimes.
“It’s not that the command remained aloof to stem the tide of the ugly trend of kidnappings in the state as it is on record that last year, the command foiled 105 kidnappings, rescued 337 victims of kidnapping, fatally wounded 145 suspected kidnappers and arrested 329 suspected kidnappers.”
He stated that the command had interfaced with the state chapter of the Nigerian Medical Association, adding that measures had been put in place to beef up security around the doctors and hospitals in the state.
He said, “It is relevant to state that the command soon after the resurgence of the ugly trend on 25 January, 2015 interfaced with leadership of the Rivers State chapter of the Nigerian Medical Association and modalities were reached to beef up security around the doctors and hospitals in the state, as there is presently no doctor is in the captivity of kidnappers.”
 PUNCH.


Click for Full Image Size

In a bid to maintain his administration's commitment to the welfare of the people, zero tolerance to impunity and other forms of irregularities undermining the progress of the state, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, during the weekend, ordered the immediate dissolution of the State's Petroleum Products Monitoring Team (PPMT).

A statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media, Louis Amoke, stated that the dissolution order was contained in a letter signed by the Secretary to the Enugu State Government, G. O. C Ajah, mni.

Amoke quoted the Secretary to the State Government as saying that the action was 'following persistent complaints over the unauthorized activities of the Petroleum Products Monitoring Team (PPMT) and in keeping with Government's zero tolerance to impunity as well as the governor's promise to administer the state selflessly and with the fear of God at all times.'

The letter which disclosed that the team will be reconstituted in due course, advised Petroleum Marketers in the State to desist from engaging in illegal activities and ensure that they run their businesses within the confines of the extant laws of Enugu State.

It added that government will not hesitate to bring to book, any marketer found to be operating outside the law, stressing that the governor was committed to a smooth and transparent petroleum products marketing operation in the state.

It would be recalled that Governor Ugwuanyi had recently constituted the now dissolved team to monitor diversion of petroleum products and regulate prices of the products in the state in line with the Federal Government's approved pump prices.

Read more at: http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/205343/ugwuanyi-moves-against-petroleum-products-racketeers-in-enug.html

No comments:

Post a Comment