Twenty-one people were injured after a bomb detonated on a bus in Jerusalem earlier this week.
According to Charisma News,
two of the wounded were listed in serious condition, five were in
moderate condition and the others were listed as lightly hurt. There
were two children— ages 10 and 13— among the injured.
The bombing happened at 5:50 p.m. Monday on Moshe Baram Street in southern Jerusalem.
"Everything was fine," said bus driver Moshe Levi. "I was in a traffic
jam on Moshe Baram Street and then suddenly a large explosion rocked the
back of the bus. I opened the doors and shouted at everyone to run
away."
Levi was unharmed in the blast. Six firefighter crews arrived and helped trapped passengers escape the bus.
"I got on the bus with my daughter; we heard a loud explosion and the
entire bus was filled with smoke," said Rachel Dadon. "The glass windows
shattered. I looked for my daughter and I saw her burnt. I pray that
she makes it through."
Israeli police said an explosive device was deliberately detonated and
the blast was not a result of a technical failure. Commander Maj. Gen.
Yoram Halevy said there is "no doubt that this is a terror attack."
Police are still investigating.
"We are ready for the possibility that someone may try to perpetrate an attack in Jerusalem at any given moment," he said.
No comments:
Post a Comment