The Rev. Franklin Graham said in a Facebook post that Target is “in denial” that its transgender bathroom policy is the reason for its plummeting sales.
According to The Christian Post, Graham wrote in his post
on Monday, "Target stock is tumbling after they announced a
pro-transgender restroom policy allowing men to use women's bathrooms
and changing rooms. Stock value has fallen 20 percent and shareholder
value has lost $10 billion since they began promoting this dangerous
policy.”
Target CEO Brian Cornell had released a statement saying that the loss
in sales did not have anything to do with the company’s decision to
allow transgender individuals to use the restroom of their choice.
"To date we have not seen a material or measurable impact on our
business. Just a handful of stores across the country have seen some
activity and have been impacted," Cornell told Forbes last week.
"Really?” Graham responded. “He must be in denial. Wake up corporate
America and stockholders — American families clearly do not want this.
Over 1.2 million people have signed the online petition to boycott
Target stores. This is sending a strong message, and I hope that
millions more will sign it."
Graham also linked to the American Family Association’s petition to
boycott Target in his post. The petition has gained over 1.2 million
signatures.
Cornell said that, despite the pushback, Target will not be reversing its transgender bathroom policy.
"Our focus on safety is unwavering. And we want to make sure we provide
a welcoming environment for all of our guests,” he said.
No comments:
Post a Comment