Ibrahim Idris and Solomon Arase
In a statement released on Monday, former Inspector General of
Police, Solomon Arase, who is in London for his son’s graduation, has
replied the new acting IG of Police who earlier accused him taking away
24 vehicles while he was retired a few weeks ago.
We had earlier reported
that the acting Inspector General of Police (IGP) Ibrahim Idris,
accused the former IGP, Arase of taking away 24 vehicles including top
of the range armoured BMW cars, adding that he has written to Arase to
return at least 20 vehicles, saying he should not have more than four
cars as part of his severance package.
“When I took over, there was no vehicle, even the vehicle I
would use. I discovered the last IG went away with 24 vehicles; the
DIGs, some of them eight, some of them seven. The IG’s vehicles included
two BMW 7 series, one armoured; and he left me with an old car," Idris said.
However, Arase in his reply, said that every information needed by
his successor on vehicles bought by the police were in his handover
notes, adding that all vehicles bought by the police under him were
distributed to the state commands and other appropriate units of the
force.
The former IG who also denied getting any letter from Idris since he has been in the UK, said; “I
suspect there must be a disconnect somewhere because every information
needed by my successor are provided in my handover notes.
“I’m also not aware that any letter was written to me because
if there was any dropped in my house, someone would have alerted me.
“It’s unfortunate that this matter is being made a media issue
because my successor has my telephone number and could have called me
for any clarification or even sent me a text message rather than
addressing the media on an issue well documented in my handover notes,” he said.
No comments:
Post a Comment