Speaking on Thursday when he appeared before the joint committees
on ethics and privileges, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey
Onyeama, earlier today, said James Entwistle, outgoing ambassador of US
to Nigeria, has no evidence of s*exual misconduct against three members
of the House of Representatives.
Mohammed Gololo (APC, Bauchi), Samuel Ikon (PDP, Akwa Ibom), and Mark Gbillah (APC, Benue), are the accused lawmakers.
The minister who said Entwinstle regretted that the letter he wrote
to Yakubu Dogara, speaker of the house of reps, was leaked, added that
the envoy only called the attention of Dogara to the issue.
“He (Entwistle) has confirmed that the allegations were made,
and he told me that the hotel house keeper has refused to testify in
respect of the matter.
“The allegations are ambiguous. He did not present any evidence nor did he indicate that they have any corroborative evidence.
“He is not necessarily making accusations himself but was
bringing it to the attention of the house. It does not conclude guilt
because no steps have been taken,” he said.
The committees chaired by Ossai Ossai expressed concern that the US
government had already punished the accused members by revoking their
visas.
No comments:
Post a Comment