Suicide bombers attacked a Christian village and court complex hours apart on Friday (Sept. 2).
According to Reuters, Jamaat-ur-Ahrar, a terrorist group that broke
away from the Taliban, attacked a Christian neighborhood in the Khyber
tribal region, killing a security guard and a civilian. Hours later,
suicide bombers attacked a court complex in northwest Pakistan, killing
at least 12 people. Dozens more were injured.
The deadly attacks came only one day after the Pakistani army celebrated success in the fight against jihadist groups.
Chief army spokesman Lt. General Asim Bajwa said, "There used to be
multiple attacks in a day across the country. And we came into (attacks
every few) days. And we came into months (between major attacks).” The
spokesman also noted that while this was an accomplishment, there was
still work to be done in the fight against jihad.
After the attack, Jamaat-ur-Ahrar sent a message to Reuters, claiming that more attacks would come.
"We appeal to civilians to remain away from law enforcement
installations and these un-Islamic courts. We will target them more,"
terrorist group spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan said.
Jamaat-ur-Ahrar previously vowed allegiance to ISIS, though the group later said it was no longer affiliated with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment