According to an exclusive report on Standard Media Kenya, three
female terrorists clad in hijabs stormed Mombasa’s Central Police
Station on Sunday morning, September 11th and launched a physical attack
on the officers using knives.
Mombasa County Commander, Peterson Maelo said the three women, who
walked into the station pretending to report a stolen phone, brandished
knives after they were barred from accessing the cells with one throwing
a petrol bomb in an attempt to burn down the station.
He added that one of them stabbed the officer manning the report
desk forcing his colleagues to shoot them.Two died instantly while one
was shot as she attempted to escape.
This sparked a police operation with officers from paramilitary
General Service Unit being deployed at the station. Gun shots and an
explosion were also heard in the premises, located at the center of the
city, which was immediately cordoned off.
Two police officers were rushed to hospital with injuries following
the attack. Unconfirmed reports indicate that the attackers were
attempting to free some prisoners held at the police station. Maelo,
however, said the motive of the attack was not yet known and
investigations were underway.
Pictures showed police officers on window of the first floor of the
station while jumping off from the fire that had been started. Top
politicians led by Mombasa Governor Hassan Ali Joho visited the scene
and complimented police for their swift action.
"It is unfortunate that we wake up to this incident, especially
on a day when Hajj is being conducted. It is a dark day in Mombasa," said Joho who termed the incident a ‘heinous crime’.
"I urge the security agencies to publish the names and pictures
of the attackers so that we investigate their background and help curb
such incidents in the future," said Joho as he urged the residents to stay calm as security agencies were on high alert on all public places.
No comments:
Post a Comment