Security
threats have disrupted a highly anticipated press briefing to hear from
a beauty queen who was involved in a controversial s*x tape.
Chidinma Okeke
A press briefing which had been scheduled for Wednesday for Miss Anambra, Chidinma Okeke, whose controversial s*x tape went viral, has been botched.
The press briefing was initially scheduled for the young lady to state her own version of a s*x scandal rocking her.
According to The Punch, the briefing scheduled for 10am at the
secretariat of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, Anambra State council,
in Awka, ended abruptly following information that some gunmen would
attack the secretariat.
Miss Chidinma Okeke, was the winner of the 2015 Most Beautiful Girl
in Anambra pageant competition, and her alleged lesbian video went
viral on the social media recently.
She was reported to have vowed to expose the complicity of some top
politicians and government officials in the s*x scandal at the botched
press conference.
But no sooner had the journalists arrived the venue of the
conference, than calls started coming, threatening that some gunmen were
on their way to attack the venue.
The journalists had to flee the place for their lives. “Life has no duplicate,” one of the journalists quipped.
A message sent by the embattled Okeke using her Facebook account read in part, “The moment I made public this intention to speak with journalists, I have been under threats by my blackmailers and traducers.
“They are seriously threatening to shoot me at the press
conference if I ever open my mouth to say the real truth about the ugly
episode.
“Since I have no protection, and if I die now, the truth will
be buried forever, it’s my intention to save not just myself but other
girls and other upcoming pageant by letting the world know the truth and
what we go through.”
Okeke said her traducers had continued to assemble all manner of
expertise and professionals to edit the video and send them in batches.
She added that she would not be surprised if more videos were published subsequently.
Punch reports that her counsel, Ikenna Obidiegwu, has revealed on
the telephone that his client had to stay away from the press briefing
after his attempt to get the Anambra State Police Commissioner, Mr. Sam
Okaula, to provide security for the beauty queen failed.
“The commissioner said the notice was too short, and that he could not mobilise police security for the queen immediately,” he said.
Obidiegwu said his client’s blackmailers were powerful people in
the state, adding that at the appropriate time their identities would be
unveiled.
He denied reports that his client had been smuggled out of the country. “I was with her just 30 minutes before speaking to you,” the lawyer maintained.
No comments:
Post a Comment