An Uzbek national who gruesomely murdered a girl in her care by beheading and parading her head in the street has confessed.
Uzbek national Gyulchekhra Bobokulova brutally murdered a little girl by cutting off her head
A Moscow nanny who beheaded a four-year-old disabled girl has confessed and admitted she did it.
The woman on Monday pleaded guilty to murdering the four-year-old
disabled child in her charge after brandishing the child’s severed head
on the street, AFP reports.
“I plead guilty; that’s what she said,” an interpreter said as Uzbek national Gyulchekhra Bobokulova went on trial, Interfax news agency reported.
The incident which happened in February left many in deep shock after Bobokulova waved the severed head of four-year-old Anastasia outside a Moscow metro station.
The girl’s headless body was later found in the family’s flat,
which had been set on fire. The prosecutor at Moscow’s Khoroshevsky
district court read out the charges that 39-year-old Bobokulova had
strangled Anastasia, who had cerebral palsy, and then beheaded her.
The prosecutor further stated that she used an oil lamp to set the apartment ablaze and went outside carrying the child’s head.
Witnesses said that the nanny paced for around 20 minutes on the
street dressed in black, waving the severed head and threatening to blow
herself up.
Russia’s national television channels refused to cover the grisly
killing in a controversial move that the Kremlin defended, saying the
subject was “probably too monstrous to be shown on television.”
Her trial is being covered by state television, however. At her first court appearance in March, Bobokulova said what she did “was what Allah ordered,” speaking in broken Russian.
Bobokulova is being held in custody at a psychiatric hospital
within Moscow’s ageing Butyrka jail. It has been revealed that she is
suffering from paranoid schizophrenia. Prosecutors will ask for her to
be incarcerated in a high-security psychiatric facility.
She is charged with the murder of a minor, which carries a maximum
sentence of 25 years in prison, as well as arson and making a false
report of an explosion.
No comments:
Post a Comment