In what will come across as a really shocking development, a man has been found out to have murdered his own kids as sacrifice.
Thomas Matthew
Thomas Matthew, a 35-year-old man, has been arrested.
The man who lived at Mountain village opposite Dantata Camp,
Asokoro, Abuja, was arrested after being found out to have killed his
own kids.
According to Sun News, Thomas Matthew claims his late father
initiated him into an occult group. He also claimed that his father
appeared to him and commanded him to sacrifice his children to him on
different occasions.
On October 7th, Mathew found fault with his wife, Bola, who is deaf and dumb, beat her up, then chased her out of the house.
He had previously killed their 2 month old son by strangling him to
death last year and October 7th, 2016, he strangled their his
four-month-old daughter, Mary Matthew to death.
According to the Commissioner of Police, of the Federal Capital
Territory Police Command, Mr. Mohammed Mustafa the suspect was
apprehended this time after his wife made a report at the Police station
that he had killed their baby.
The wife also explained that he had tried to kill their 9 year old
son in the past and luckily she caught him in the act then sent her son
away to her mother's home for him to be taken care of there.
With the help of a sign language expert, the wife, Bola, recalled how the suspect tried to kill their first son.
She said: “I didn’t know that my husband is a cultist. I
remember when he first tried to kill our first son, I reported the
matter at the Garki Police Station. It was my mother who took the boy
away from the house and he is still staying with her in Mararaba,
Nasarawa State. Then I had another son last year. When he was two months
old, he became sick. My husband killed him in September 2015. I didn’t
know until he confessed. This year I had our daughter.
"In the night of October 7, 2016, we were together in the house
when suddenly he started beating me. I got injured and ran away to his
elder sister’s house. Before I came back with his sister, he had
strangled our baby to death. He locked the door and ran away. It was
policemen from Asokoro Police Station, where I reported the case that
broke the door and found the baby. We rushed the baby to Asokoro General
Hospital. The doctor said the baby was dead. Now I have only one son
left, Josiah Matthew. It was only God who saved me from the power of
darkness.”
When interrogated, Matthew who hails from Kwande Local Government Area, Benue State said:
“I got married to my wife, Bola, and we were blessed with three
kids. My father is a cultist and he initiated me into the occult. My
father asked me to offer the children as sacrifice and mark of honour to
him, promising he would make me become rich.
“It was a covenant that nobody knew, even my wife. My father
gave me conditions that if anybody got to know or I revealed the
covenant, that the covenant would be destroyed. From the time I had my
first child, my father began disturbing me to offer my child to him as a
sacrifice.
“I tried to kill my first child by strangling, but my wife
caught me and reported to the police and her mother came to take the
child away from the house. He has been staying with her in Mararaba,
Nasarawa State.
"Later my father appeared to me after I had my second son,
John, who became sick. I strangled him to death in 2015. On October 7,
2016, my father appeared to me again that I should kill my only
daughter. I was with my wife and then I started beating her and she ran
away to my elder sister’s house and I locked the door and strangulated
my four-month-old baby girl and she died.
"I locked the entrance of the house and ran away. It was the
youth in my area that arrested me and handed me over to the police. I
wanted to kill my younger brother according to my father’s instruction.
My father is still alive and he is in the village in Benue State.”
The police commissioner who confirmed the incident said the suspect would be charged to court soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment