The
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has revealed details of the
huge amount of money it recovered from Ex-Customs boss, Dikko and Sen.
Obanikoro.
Former Comptroller-General, Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has confirmed
media reports that a former Comptroller-General, Nigeria Customs Service
(NCS), Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko, returned N1 billion to the Federal
Government.
The commission’s spokesperson, Mr Wilson Uwujaren, gave the
confirmation via SMS to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on
Saturday.
Dikko, who headed the NCS between August 2009 and August 2015, was
reportedly arrested by the EFCC in June over alleged diversion of N40
billion from the agency’s coffers.
He was said to have been released due to his poor health and was expected to return more money.
Uwujaren confirmed the seizure of a property belonging to the
former customs boss in the Jabi District of Abuja, saying it was under
investigation.
Media reports had identified the property as a mansion worth N2 billion and located at 1 Audu Ogbe Street, Jabi, Abuja.
The EFCC spokesperson also confirmed the release of ex-Minister of
State for Defence, Sen. Musiliu Obanikoro, who had been in the
commission’s detention since Oct. 17.
He said that the former minister returned N100 million as reported and that the amount was being verified by the commission.
“He dropped his Nigerian and American passports, apart from being released to two sureties,’’ Uwujaren said.
Obanikoro submitted himself to the EFCC on Oct. 17 following
accusations of a N4.7 billion fraud also linked to his two sons, Jide
and Gbolahan.
NAN
No comments:
Post a Comment