Following
the recent ruling by an Appeal Court, the candidate of the PDP in Ondo
State Governorship election, Eyitayo Jegede has thanked his people.
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Ondo State, Eyitayo Jegede
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Ondo
State, Eyitayo Jegede has attributed his victory at the Appeal Court as
victory for the people of the state.
The Senior Advocate of Nigeria thanked the people of the state for believing in him.
He said: “I thank the people of the state for believing in me.
In fact, I spoke with one of our supporters today who is in a very
critical condition. He said he would stay alive to vote for me, even if
that is the only thing he could do before he joins his maker. I dedicate
this victory also to him.
“We are not in this just for ourselves but we want to serve our
people. I had said it before that God willing, I will contest this
election and not only that but win as well. I look forward to take over
the state by February next year. Now I believe that for every man, you
must have a vision. My vision is to serve the people of the state.”
The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja Wednesday set aside the
verdict of the Federal High Court which ordered the replacement of the
name of Eyitayo Jegede with that of Jimoh Ibrahim as PDP candidate.
Earlier in the day, Justice Ibrahim Saulawa-led panel in its ruling, confirmed Jegede as the righful candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party
as it kicked stopped Jimoh Ibrahim from parading himself as a candidate
in the election billed for Saturday, 26th November, 2016.
No comments:
Post a Comment