There
appears to be no end to the accusation of fraud against the government
of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan by the present administration as the
Presidency, yesterday, lashed out saying it awarded deceitful and ghost
projects that were not funded.
Buhari & Jonathan
Speaking in an exclusive interview on Express Radio in Kano on
Tuesday, Garba Shehu, the senior special assistant on media and
publicity to the president, disclosed that the 'deceitful projects' awarded during the administration of Goodluck Jonathan, are now being funded by the government of president Muhammadu Buhari
The presidential senior spokesman who also revealed that some of
the projects only existed on paper as no payment was made for their
commencement, added that the Kano-Katsina dual road project, is one of
the 'ghost projects' of the last administration that are 'now being given life.'
“Kano-Katsina dual highway was awarded three years ago by the
last administration. They didn’t pay a kobo for its start-up. President
Buhari just paid money for the first tranche of 75 kilometers and work
has begun apace.”
Shehu spoke further saying that the President Buhari administration
decided to hasten projects related to infrastructure in order to pump
money into the economy and ultimately rescue it from recession.
He disclosed that N750 billion has been released for capital
projects in the last five months and added that counterpart funds for
the take-off of the $11 billion Kano-Lagos rail project had been paid.
“Without infrastructure, the country will not witness growth,” he said.
Shehu said the government of President Muhammadu Buhari was
speeding up ongoing projects and investing heavily in the construction
and repairs of highways, railways and power generating plants across the
country.
It said that N750 billion had been released for capital projects in
the last five months and that counterpart funds for the take-off of the
$11 billion Kano-Lagos rail project had been paid.
No comments:
Post a Comment