The Presidency has revealed what it plans to do after the Senate refused to grant its wish to borrow almost $30 billion.
President Muhammadu Buhari
The Presidency has said it will not dispute the decision of the
Senate to reject the request of President Muhammadu Buhari to borrow
29.9 billion dollars.
The Senior Special Assistant to President Buhari on National
Assembly Matters, Sen. Ita Enang, disclosed this while briefing newsmen
in Abuja on Tuesday.
The Senate, on Tuesday rejected the request of Buhari to borrow $29.9bn as part of its external borrowing plan for 2016 to 2018.
The leader of the Senate, Ali Ndume, told newsmen after plenary that the request was rejected due to the absence of certain documents that should have accompanied the letter.
Sen. Ita Enang, therefore, said that the Presidency would not be
disputing with the senate but would rather engage with them on the issue
that had been raised.
He said, “We are not disputing with the distinguished Senate.
“There are certain information and details which will enable
them to consider in detail, and appropriately the request of M.r
President.
“So we are collating that information. The Budget Office of the
Federation, the Debt Management Office, the Minister of Budget and
National Planning, Minister of Finance and the economic team are
collating the information so that it can be submitted to the Senate to
enable them take the appropriate decision.
“We would be engaging the Senate. We will not be disputing with them but we will be engaging with them.
“When we present a matter before the legislature it is for them
to consider and as they have considered, more information is needed and
that information they are entitled to it and we would provide.”
-NAN
No comments:
Post a Comment