A
man has caused quite some stir in a Lagos community after plunging a
family into pain by disappearing into thin air with their son.
Richards and David
John David, an unemployed young man, is currently on the run for wrongdoing.
The man left a couple – Abdulrahman Balogun and his wife, Bunmi – in sorrow after he allegedly abducted their 10-month-old boy.
David and the couple live in Okokwu community, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
According to Punch Metro, David had pretended to be playing with
the kid, Richards, on their premises last Sunday around 7pm and
eventually fled with him.
It was gathered that Abdulrahman and Richards were set to leave for
a church service that day, and Abdulrahman were waiting outside for
Bunmi to dress up.
Abdulrahman, who spoke to Punch Metro on the telephone on Monday,
said he had gone inside to hasten up his wife as they were running late
for the service.
“David came to play with him. I went inside to call my wife
because we were almost late for the church programme. When I came
outside, I could not find David and my son in the compound.
“We searched for them everywhere on the premises, but we
couldn’t find them. I called his phone number and it indicated that it
was switched off. He started living here five months ago,” he said.
The father, a teacher, explained that he subsequently reported the
incident at the Mile 3 Police Station, adding that he discovered that he
abductor had been bearing a fake name in the neighbourhood after he ran
a check on his profile on Facebook.
“His name on Facebook is John Elvis David but we know him as
Davies. He moved to this area five months ago. His three friends who
lived with him have been arrested by the police.
“A woman called me yesterday (Sunday). She said she and David
boarded the same bus in Warri around 4pm and that she saw him with my
son. She said she was surfing the Internet after she arrived home when
she read the post on Richard’s abduction on social media. She said she
would have raised the alarm if she had read the post while she was on
the bus.
“We got married October 2015. That is our first and only child.
We are appealing to the public to assist in tracking down the
abductor,” he added.
Richard’s mother, Bunmi, said, she was caught unawares by the
incident as David was very generous to her son and looked innocuous.
She said, “I never had a cause to be suspicious of him (David).
He was friendly with my son. They go out together and he buys things
for him. So, I didn’t know he was this wicked.”
No comments:
Post a Comment