A
soon-to-wed man is currently between life and death after allegedly
taking insecticide following the alleged crash of Ponzi scheme, Mavrodi
Mondial Moneybox.
File photo
Just after promoters and participants of the Mavrodi Mondial
Moneybox (MMM) were thrown into confusion on Tuesday following the news
that the ponzi scheme has been frozen, a soon-to-wed man identified as
Adakole, allegedly drank insecticide and is currently battling for his
life.
According to a shocking report by DailyPost, the victim who is a
native of Ai Okpe in Okpokwu LGA of Benue State whose wedding is slated
for December 28, had earlier invested N300,000 into the scheme last
month and was expecting to get his 30% income before his wedding.
Speaking to a correspondent, an eyewitness disclosed that when the
news broke out Tuesday morning, Adakole, who was introduced into the
business literally went mad.
“Kole is my childhood friend, we all grew up in Ugbokolo but
when he traveled to Abuja to meet with the pastor of his fiancée, he
said someone introduced him into the MMM thing but I and his babe warned
him but he told us the scheme was not a scam.
“He invested the 300k he was saving for his wedding into the
thing and was expecting to get the 30% before his wedding on 28 of this
month.
“This early morning, he called me to check the internet if the
story of the alleged crashed of the scheme was true, I told him so I
heard and he screamed and hung up.
“When I heard him, I knew it was no longer funny, so I had to
rush to his house around Sabon Gari to discover that he had taken Raid
insecticide. I had to call the fiancée to inform her.
“I had to take him to the clinic where he is currently battling for his life. The babe is already on her way from Abuja,” he added.
Meanwhile, the founders have announced that the scheme has not
crashed as widely being speculated, adding that it was only in pause
mode. They called on investors not to panic as the scheme would return
next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment