President
Muhammadu Buhari is leading the course of cutting down the wastage of
government resources as promised during in the 2015 election campaign.
President Muhammadu Buhari
The Presidency has concluded the process for the sale of two
presidential aircraft, a Falcon 7x executive jet and Hawker 4000
according to the Punch.
In a statement on October 4, the Presidency had confirmed that
President Muhammadu Buhari had authorised the sale of the two jets.
Advertisements were then placed in newspapers for interested buyers to bid for the aircraft.
A top Presidency source told a correspondent on the condition of
anonymity on Monday that the process of selling the aircraft which was
handled by the Office of the National Security Adviser had been
concluded.
He said, “The bids were opened in the presence of all interested parties about two weeks ago.
“At the end of the exercise, all those who participated commended the process which they described as very transparent.”
When asked about the identities of the preferred bidders and the
amount the Federal Government would realise from the sales, the source
said the details would soon be made public.
He, however, said the details would only be disclosed after the
report of the sales might have been presented to the President for
approval.
“The report will be made available to the President first. Once
he approves it, it will be made public in accordance with the present
administration’s policy,” he said.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and
Publicity, Garba Shehu, had in the October 4 statement said the decision
to sell the jets was in line with the directive of the President that
aircraft in the Presidential Air Fleet be reduced to cut down on waste.
Two aircraft in the fleet had also been handed over to the Nigerian Air Force for its operations.
No comments:
Post a Comment