Diego Costa might be planning his way out of Chelsea after a shocking offer by a Chinese club for his services.
Chelsea striker, Diego Costa
Chelsea hitman, Diego Costa might be on his way to the far east if news being reported by Express.co.uk is correct.
The report claims that Diego Costa has been offered a staggering
£570,000-a-week pay packet which is a whopping N221 million to jet over
to the Far East.
The report speculated further that it was because of the report
that Chelsea manager Antonio Conte dropped Costa from his matchday squad
for last weekend’s 3-0 win over Leicester City.
Since then, the striker has been training alone at the club’s
Cobham base and it is not yet known when or if he will be welcomed back
into the fold.
According to ESPN,
Tianjin Quanjian owner Shu Yuhui has said he had looked into a move for
Chelsea's Diego Costa and drawn up a contract for Monaco's Radamel
Falcao before the Chinese Football Association (CFA) announced rule
changes on overseas players.
On Monday, the CFA imposed a reduction of the number of foreign
players able to be fielded in the forthcoming season, which begins in
March, warning that limits would be imposed in order to reduce
"irrational investment."
Shu, who said he had also been exploring moves for Paris
Saint-Germain's Edison Cavani and Real Madrid's Karim Benzema, has been
working with agent Jorge Mendes on his plans to strengthen the squad.
"Our club had a massive investment plan for the new season but
it was tightened up by the new rules," Shu told Tianjin Sports Channel.
"I made an appointment with Mendes and he came to my hometown to visit me. At that time, we were interested in signing Costa.
"We need an out-and-out striker so we made a bid for Benzema. We also made an attempt for Falcao.
"As a matter of fact, the club had even prepared the contracts
for Falcao and Raul Jimenez, but the new rules forced us to give up on
them.
"PSG told us Cavani would only be allowed to leave in June,
even though the player himself was willing to join us. The same can be
said for Costa because Chelsea will also only let him leave in June.
"However, the new season of CSL will almost have reached the halfway stage in June -- and we can't wait that long."
No comments:
Post a Comment