Staunch
critic of President Buhari and People's Democratic Party chieftain,
Ayodele Peter Fayose has extended his hands of support to 2Face Idibia
over the planned anti-government protest.
Ayodele Fayose
Ekiti State governor, Ayo Fayose, on Monday said he will be
partaking in the upcoming nationwide protest led by Innocent ‘2face’
Idibia.
In a post on his Twitter handle shortly after 10:00 p.m. Mr. Fayose
said the organisers have his full backing to launch the protest which
they said will be “massive”.
“To organisers of Feb. 5 “Enough is Enough” National Protest, you have my total support and I will be part of the protest,” the governor said.
Mr. Fayose is the latest public figure to queue behind the
organisers of the demonstration, which is expected to hold
simultaneously in different cities across the country.
Mr. Idibia, while announcing the protest last week, said the Buhari
administration’s rudderlessness has left too many Nigerians languishing
in poverty with little to be hopeful for about the future.
The police said they have been duly informed about the protest and
will provide security for all participants, although the government
called for patience and understanding amongst Nigerians.
No comments:
Post a Comment