A man who was involved in the tragic murder of a school principal has opened up on how he took part in the criminal act.
Solomon Nwangi was killed by an assassin hired by his wife
Following the murder of a Kenyan man, Solomon Nwangi, the immediate
former Kiru High School Principal, Solomon Mwangi, details have
revealed that he was killed by an assassin hired by his wife.
According to Tuko, in a shocking 10-page confession that was read
out in a Kiambu court, the assassin, Joseph Kariuki Njuguna alias Karis
narrated how Mwangi’s wife, Jane Muthoni, put the whole plan into
motion.
This is what he recounted on that fateful day:
“In June last year, I received a call from a lady who
identified as Damaris. We’d known each other for a long time and she
told me she had a well paying job for me,
“She told me someone named Njiru would call me later with the
details about the job. He called me a day later and asked me to meet him
at Tree Shade Hotel in Kimbo. I found him in the company of Damaris.
“They told me that the headteacher’s wife, introduced
to me as Mwalimu, was the one behind the execution plot to kill her
husband and had already paid a down payment of KSh 100,000,
“On November 4, 2016, I met with another man known as Gikuyu at
Texas Bar in Kiria-ini. We were joined by Njiru and Mwalimu who
informed us that she had a new plan of poisoning her husband,
“The following day, she called us with instructions to meet her
at Urithi near Ndarugo. She drove in with her unconscious husband and
we boarded the car. She drove to a forest where Gikuyu put a sisal rope
around Mwangi’s neck and removed him from the car,
“Mwalimu remained in the car as we took Mwangi deep into the
thicket where we tied his hands, tightened the rope around his neck and
hanged him on a tree. He was later found dead.
“When we returned to where the car was, we found Mwalimu gone,
Efforts to trace her so that she could pay us our balance of KSh 300,000
were unsuccessful because she switched off the phone she’d been using
during the deal,” said Njuguna.
This confession was read out by State Counsel Catherine Mwaniki on
Tuesday, January 31, 2017, and Njuguna pleaded guilty to a lesser charge
of manslaughter.
Kiambu High Court Judge Joel Ngugu reduced his charges from murder.
Earlier on, the deceased’s wife claimed to have had nothing with her husband’s murder.
No comments:
Post a Comment