The
office of the acting President Yemi Osinbajo has apparently endorsed
the proposed anti-government protest being organized by Innocent Idibia.
Laolu Akande
Laolu Akande, the Senior Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to
acting President Professor Yemi Osinbajo, has reacted to the proposed
anti-government protest to be led by popular musician Tuface Idibia on
February 6, 2017.
He said: ''Presidency is not going to stop people from expressing their fundamental human rights.''
''People have the right to protest. Whoever they want to support or oppose is their right.''
''Government is not in the business of countering any protest.''
Recall that 2Face Idibia had earlier in the week called for the
support of his fans and colleagues via his social media platforms to
join his march against the crippling economic state of the nation. The
protest is slated for Monday, February 6, 2017.
Speaking on Channels TV programme ‘Sunrise Daily’, Akande said that
the people have the right to protest, adding that the presidency is not
going to stop people from expressing their fundamental human rights.
No comments:
Post a Comment