A
prominent Northern elder statesman has raised fresh alarm over cabals
in President Buhari's government saying that he can no longer control
some people in his government and they have evolved into a formidable
group.
Junaid Mohammed
While speaking with newsmen in Abuja on Friday, a Second Republic
lawmaker, Junaid Mohammed, reportedly claimed that some cabals in Aso
Rock have hijacked power from President Muhammadu Buari.
The elder statesman asked Buhari to bury the thought of going for a
second term because Nigerians were already tired of his failed
leadership style and would not re-elect him, adding that it was
unfortunate for Buhari to allow his government to be hijacked by a cabal
working against the overall interest of Nigeria and its people.
He said, “The cabal under Buhari has virtually taken over the
affairs of the country from him and he cannot counterbalance them, a
situation that is very dangerous for the Nigerian people and their
future.
“As it has emerged, Buhari cannot take firm decisions against
the cabal running his government and working for their selfish interest.
In the end, the President is always trying to pacify the cabal to the
detriment of Nigeria and it is very sad.
“This country therefore needs a competent leader bereft of religious, tribal and health challenges to manage its affairs,” he said.
Recall that Mrs. Aisha Buhari had in an interview with the BBC
Hausa Service alleged that the president’s administration had been
hijacked, adding that she would not campaign for his re-election in 2019
if he does not rejig his cabinet.
The Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo had recently claimed he does not
know who members of the cabal in the presidency are, but said he was
looking for them.
He said while reacting to the claims in some quarters that some cabals were frustrating his boss, Buhari.
“Cabals are meant to be secret. I am still looking for those guys.
Honestly, I don’t know where they are. I can’t tell you that I know
where those fellows are,” he had said.
No comments:
Post a Comment