Joint
Admissions and Matriculation Board has sent a message to candidates for
the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations over the reported
reschedule of the exam.

File photo: JAMB Candidates
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has told candidates
participating in the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Exam (UTME)
that it has no plans to reschedule the exam dates for any reason.
This was in response to a barrage of complaints by some candidates
that they have not been able to print their examination e-slips, which
contains detailed information on the forthcoming test.
Registrar Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, at a press conference in Abuja,
reminded candidates that the system was not the same as last year’s,
when e-slips had been uploaded onto candidates’ JAMB profiles.
“Candidates are expected to have printed their e-slips because
we released it since Tuesday 6th March. The e-slips obviously contain
vital information like exam town/centre, date and time allocated to each
candidate,” he noted.
He followed up with a caution that “candidates are to note that
there shall be no rescheduling of exam for any reason. It is advisable
that they adhere strictly to the date and time allocated to them for the
exam. Failure to turn up on scheduled date means they have lost the
opportunity.”
Meanwhile, JAMB spokesman Dr. Fabian Benjamin informed candidates,
especially those claiming not to have received e-slip notifications, to
visit the JAMB website to print their slips.
“We won’t accept excuses (sic) of e-slip,” he said. “This
is because we have sent notifications to all candidates. But anyone
that didn’t receive it should quickly visit JAMB website and print the
e-slip before it is too late.”
No comments:
Post a Comment